Miss PERFECT

Growing up, I had the very good, good, not too well and the sad moments. Despite the fact that we were not so buoyant financially, my mother insisted on sending me to the best private school around. I remember my mum telling me that our landlord called her; guess what he discussed with her? He was asking my mum why she would send us to a school so expensive when there are cheaper(free) schools around e.g. Eleran Primary School (not real name). He said his children went to that school and are doing well. Don’t blame our landlord for the advice, which was a candid opinion. I and my sister were constantly sent back from school for not paying school fees. My mum insisted, she wanted the best for her children, she was ready to go hungry for the good of her children. At this juncture, I expect you to ask if I do not have a father that my mum had to bear the entire burden alone. I had a father and I still have a father, he was far away in God’s own country in search of a greener pasture, but nothing was forth coming.

Despite mum’s huge investment in education, I was not doing well in school. I remember visiting my grandpa on Christmas day. December is the end of first term in Primary Schools, so my grandfather asked my sister how she did in school, she was happy to tell him she came third in class. Guess what I did? I ran out of the room because my position in class was 35. I couldn’t tell my grandfather that. Trust the old man, he noticed I ran out of the room. He called me privately to ask, because I wanted to be seen as brilliant and better than my sister, I told him I came 2nd, unknown to me my uncle was in the room and he knew my true position in class. Don’t ask me what happened afterwards.*smiles*. My mum was disturbed with this trend, she was my private lesson teacher, we had several sessions of lesson, some spanned through the night, oh! oh! oh! I got whipped constantly. It was so bad that in Primary Four, my class teacher was not sure that I could write A-Z, I remember her calling me to the board to write A-Z, guess what? I disappointed her that day because, I wrote A-Z without missing any alphabet. Please don’t laugh. But my mum persisted, the private lessons didn’t stop. My mum will attend crusades just because of me, she will lay her hands on my head and prophesy good things into my life. She didn’t wait for a pastor or prophet to do that. She knew the destinies of her children are in her hands.
Today, my story has changed. I am a testimony wherever I go. I remember my project supervisor in the University looking straight into my eyes and telling me “you are brilliant”. Coming from a situation where my teacher thought I couldn’t write A-Z to getting a commendation from a Doctor of Philosophy. God has been gracious to me. I can trace my new found status to the tenacity and great love of my Mother.
While I was growing up, I always said I wanted a woman like my mum. I was in search of “Miss Perfect”, yes I was. I looked out for a lady that could do everything my mother does, including cooking. I like food. The older I became, the more I realized that even my great mum is not “Mrs. Perfect”, she has her short comings too. So, my dream of hooking up with “Miss Perfect” might just be a fantasy. Come to think of it, the Bible says with God nothing is impossible. I was discussing with a friend few years ago and she told me the type of man she wanted, she said she had told God about it. After the description, I laughed within me and thought she was in “Fantasy Land”. Few years after, she got hooked to this guy, Once I set my eyes on him, without her introducing him , I saw all the  qualities she spoke to God about, I knew that was the man of her dreams, her “Mr. Perfect” (He might not be perfect, but he is God’s description of perfect for her). When God created everything (including eve), he called them good. Eve had her shortcomings, she was carried away by the enticing words of the serpent, but that didn’t make her less “Good”.
I thought to myself, if God could grant the request of my friend, he can also grant mine, because the Bible says: “Ask and you shall receive…” . Here’s my request to God, The woman of my dreams:
God fearing: The Bible says the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Any man that wants to have a blissful marriage will look for this quality in a lady. Even men that are ungodly want to marry a God fearing woman. I want a woman that fears and loves God with all her heart. She will pass these to our children.
Submissive:  I want a woman that will submit to me (not looking for a “Dundee United” ooooo).  A man is the head of a home and at many times he is wrong, but he is naturally wired to think that he is right.  A woman should be able to help him point out this wrong, respectfully and still be seen by her husband as submissive. A woman should never disagree with her man in public. It is the greatest sign of disrespect.
A lover of children: The way you take care of the children around you will determine the way you will care for your children. I want a wife that will be a mother to me and my children.
Loves me for who I am: No man likes to be compared to another (especially if the other is more successful). A woman should help her husband become the best in whatever he is doing. You will be better as a woman if your husband turns out successful. Be his inspiration. Do not be a dream killer.
Beautiful: Yes she has to be pretty, some people say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, yes that’s true, and everything God made is good, which includes every woman. As a woman, you determine whether you are beautiful or not. Your carriage, your panache (flair, style), your dress sense (you do not need expensive stuff to look good, as long as you keep what you have well). I’m not in search of a beauty queen, but in search of a woman that can combine poise (self-assurance, dignity, composure) and panache. Dear, “you determine if you are beautiful or not”.
Good Cook: A woman is not a housemaid but a “help mate”, but the Yorubas says that “Olobe Loloko” which is equivalent to the English saying that “the easiest way to a man’s heart is his stomach”. IF you want to keep your husband, you better start learning how to make different delicacies both continental and intercontinental.
Medically compatible: Most people go into a relationship without checking out if they are medically compatible. This could be due to ignorance or carelessness. Medical science has revealed that people have different genotypes. AA, AC, AS and SS.  Two people with AS are not medically compatible because they have a high risk of giving birth to SS (Children with Sickle Cell). Our four fathers were not aware of this, which is why they called children that died early “Abiku”. You can seek advice from a medical practitioner on this.
Some people say women are weaker, but I do not think so, look at the woman described in Proverbs 31:10-31. She is multi-tasking, hardworking, wise, diligent, elegant and trustworthy. That’s my request to God.  For the married, what type of wife / mother are you? For the single, what type of wife / mother will you like to become? Is someone saying that “I’m not ready to marry now, so, it’s not my business”. Remember, that the journey of a thousand years starts with a step. If you are not married today, you will be married tomorrow. What will your husband say about you? Will your children look back and say we have a great mother, one of a kind? The type of woman you are will determine the type of husband you will attract.
Written by Akinyemi Alebiosu.
Curled from: Pearl Magazine

1 comment:

  1. hehe. miss perfect. Okay all things are possible with God and you also will make up the wife you desire. Just let God guide you.

    ReplyDelete

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();
Powered by Blogger.