HOW TO MAKE AND STICK TO YOUR NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS



If there has been anything besides God that has been giving me a sense of mission that would be my New Year resolutions. No wonder Niyi Aromolaran said that “Outstanding people have one thing in common, an ABSOLUTE SENSE OF MISSION”
New year resolutions gives you that sense of mission (you know where you are going), it also reminds you of what you have determined to achieve at beginning of that year, this goals could be long term (6 – 11 months) or even short term ( 3weeks – 3months) before they are met.
Let me point out common mistakes people make, before I proceed to writing down ‘How to Make New Year Resolutions’. One is people fail to write down their New Year resolutions which is very bad, I could remember one of teachers’ saying “the shortest pen stays longer than the sharpest brain” , this has been a driving force for me to write every little information and detail down, as matter of fact even our electronic gadgets don’t guarantee six (6) months usage, so after the resolution has been carefully written down it should be kept in a very safe and accessible place where we can always go back to remind ourselves of the set goals and to put ourselves on check. So I do strongly advice that New Year resolutions should be written and kept judiciously, finally don’t set goals you can never meet even in two years because you would end up giving up on them and at the end of the year you achieve little or nothing.
Now to the business of making New Year resolutions that brought us here, I do advice that new year resolutions should be split into sections, this way it would help examine and analyse where one needs to develop more, also ways or steps which you would follow in achieving this said goals should be written under each section as listed under each section, this way you would critically look at yourself check for areas that needs improvements, habits that should be stopped or encouraged, doing this by the end of the year we would have an all-round success.
Below is an example of how to make New Year resolutions;
ACADEMICS
- I want to have parallel A’s in this session
Steps I am going to take; Visit the library often, reduce video games, stop unnecessary visits and reduce social networking.
- I want to buy personal development books
Steps I am going to take; start saving (remember little drops of water makes the mighty ocean), forfeit my “BIS” for a month
SOCIAL
- I want to stop smoking cigarette
Steps I am going to take; Reduce my friends especially the ones that smokes
- I want to start giving
Steps I am going to take; start giving little things that cost me little or nothing e.g. pencils etc.
SPRITUAL
- I want to read my bible and pray everyday
Steps I am going to take; observe quiet time, get a devotional
You could as well add other sections you feel would be necessary for you, why not make you New Year resolution today and don’t procrastinate!
Remember what we were told in Eccl 3:1 says For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: let’s do things decently and in order.
Thanks for reading, please remember to share with your friends let them also get enlightened like you have been.
Truly yours,
Alebiosu Omobolade

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much sir, sincerely appreciate the comment, I wouldn't mind any criticism anytime, anyday!

    ReplyDelete

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();
Powered by Blogger.