DO I HAVE A VISION?

Vision; with the aid of a dictionary I was able to come up with several meanings for vision, but the most appropriate for this write up is “A goal toward which one aspires”. The worst tragedy in life is to live without a vision. The truly blind man is not the man without sight but a man without a vision! You can fulfil your purpose on earth without your physical eyes, but you can not achieve anything without a vision. A visionless person is like a sojourner who travels without a map! He is going somewhere but he doesn't know where! A vision is a party! It is PDP: a Personal Development Plan. It is a mission statement, a creed, a statement of purpose, a business/career objective and an aggregate of set goals. To live without a goal is to live like a goat!



I have often asked myself when should one start having visions? when should this aspirations start creeping in? But the fact is as early as possible in life so as to give our lives a meaning and know what we live for. The vision of a 5year old boy might seem so funny to you at that point in time but in the next 20 – 25 years when this vision is near actualisation or has become actualised, then what seemed so ridiculous yesteryears would turn to becoming an amazing business empire.

Then I begin to ponder, do I really have a vision? Do I have goals I have set to achieve? This rhetorical question so to say sparked up a lot of things in me and I remembered the day my visions were conceived and reinforced by the speech of one of Junior Secondary School (Junior High) Teachers. My then junior school teacher gave a speech in my class and he said “Not everyone can make it in life, if everyone makes it, who would be at the market selling petty things and groceries, who would be the cleaner at the offices, who would be the vulcaniser to inflate the tyres of your jeeps at the roadside, who would be the area boy to clear road for you?” he also added “you can choose what you want out of life now; to become a liability or an asset, to be an employer or an employee”. On this very day, it seemed I have been hit by thunder, the reality of this statement dawned on me and sent cold shivers down my adolescent spine! This speech made me sit and think of what I wanted in life, since then, this has been my driving force, I started having visions and dreaming dreams henceforth, I actually see myself as the CEO of many companies, I see myself employing a lot of people, thereby reducing the sky-rocketing rate of unemployment. I see myself in diverse kinds of good and flourishing chains of businesses and making good money as returns on my investments.

This has been a strong driving force for me even till date, no wonder I never took those who laughed at me serious when I started up some of my businesses which includes photography and the most recent, Laundry, yeah they called me a 'washman' or even more hilarious, an 'ironman' with only one customer, we laughed it off but I still say at the back of my mind; Effizy (my business name) might be running charcoal at the moment, sooner than you think, it would run on jet fuels, and be a compound name like the Dangotes and the Honeywells someday and soonest! That is the power of a vision! It does not matter how ridiculous your visions are, pursue them with all your strength and dedication, you will achieve them all. No matter how much scorn and derision the detractors and friends hurl at the vision of the visionary, he is never perturbed as he only has seen the bigger picture! Only you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, they can't! Many people have abandoned their visions and freaked out because of such distractions: mere 'market noises'. Surround yourself with motivational and supportive people who will feed and grow your vision and not 'blind' 'distractors' and professional 'discouragers' who will starve and kill your vision.

The above principle could also be applicable to you, you might have told people your dreams and they scorn you, they might have told you, is this possible in Nigeria? For your information the impossible sells in Nigeria! Foreigners still throng-in in droves and batches to invest and make money in Nigeria, there is money on every street in Nigeria, they would say, you too can make yours! Moreover, money is neither magic nor luck, it is a reward system for thinkers, creators and investors! Your visions and dreams might currently be running on water and blood but let me lend you a word of encouragement sooner than you think, these dreams and aspirations would run on jet fuels and nations would borrow from you! This is very possible. All you need do is to start! Great things have little beginnings! Start small but think big, your vision will sustain your drive! Never you give up on your dreams and aspirations, only losers do! It’s just a matter of time and you will get there! May you have the tenacity to pursue your dreams and get the provision to take home your vision.
Kind regards.

Yours in vision,

‘Bolade Alebiosu
Credits
Picture; http://mattmayberryonline.com/3-steps-to-creating-an-exceptional-vision-for-your-life/
Edited; Tosin Ayo

No comments

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();
Powered by Blogger.